Welcome to The Only Constant - Video Collective Blog / Discussion Board

Hello all and welcome to The Only Constant video collective blog. We are The Only Constant, a collective of emerging video and filmmakers based in London. Our ethos is to challenge visual taboos and create forward thinking moving images. Our aim? To rant, rave and INSPIRE.

If you would like to get involved in the discussions on our blog, get involved in our collective or submit work for our Video Is The Only Constant screening and open discussion evenings at Corsica Studios please contact us on: theonlyconstant@ymail.com


Thursday 1 April 2010

Video Is The Only Constant April 7th 2010: Wiracha Daochai


'Meditation', UK/Thailand, 6:00

Meditation is mind contemplation. A holy Buddhist monk is approaching death with a contemplated mind and eventually comes to the conclusion of his spiritual journey, even when he encounters the sacred sin of commitment suicide.

Wiracha Daochai:
"I spent my childhood as a Buddhist monk for 8 years. During which time, I had to meditate for 8 hours per day. I had to imagine one circle in my body and looked fixedly at it. My master told me, Buddha said that meditation is process of mind into wisdom. In this state of my life, I seriously question this process and really want to show this piece to both Buddha and my master."

http://www.wiracha.com

No comments:

Post a Comment